Tuesday June 21st, 2022
6.00 PM - 8.00 PM (Pacific Daylight Time)
Online Via Zoom
Outbox is a unique seminar designed specifically for fine artists interested in developing their online presence and promoting their work in a professional and efficient way. Focusing on websites and Instagram primarily, OUTBOX highlights common mistakes creating branded imagery and content.
- The purpose and production of takeaway cards and branding.
- How to create a well-designed artist takeaway.
INSTAGRAM FOR ARTISTS:
- How to create compelling Instagram captions and how to use hashtags effectively.
- Content creation and scheduling.
- Selling online and working towards releases.
- Creating specific website designs for fine artists.
- What features are important for viewer navigation for your clients, industry and galleries. - Common mistakes on artist websites.
- E-commerce and sales through online platforms.
- Creating a template and set content.
- Strategies and protocol around building an audience.
- Navigating 3D exhibition spaces as alternative options for selling and showing.
- Viewing collections of work in context and at scale.
The Instructor: Pennylane Shen, Dazed & Confucius
Pennylane Shen is an artist consultant, curator and educator. Since 2006, her company Dazed and Confucius has offered one-on-one consultations to over 1000 artists each year in addition to business development seminars to audiences worldwide. While Dazed and Confucius caters to artists' needs such as marketing and career support, what sets them apart from other artist consultants is their core philosophy. Dazed and Confucius prioritizes strong concept and identity building and attention to the quality artwork itself first and foremost. Pennylane holds a Master’s Degree in Visual Culture Theory from New York University and has lectured at various forums throughout Canada, the US and the UK. Her publications discuss the politics of representation, race and fine art. For more than a decade, Pennylane has worked in commercial galleries throughout Canada and New York. Among her curation and education projects are the NYC Crit Club, The I Like Your Work Podcast, The University of the Arts London, Langara College's Photography Program and The Vancouver Mural Festival. An avid supporter of art and wellness, she sits on the board for the Vancouver General Hospital and UBC Foundation, collecting notable art pieces for hospital walls.
Register online by clicking "Register Now", or register by phone at 604-681-2744, or at the Federation Gallery (Mon - Sun, 10am - 4pm).