Tuesday June 14th, 2022
6.00 PM - 8.30 PM (Pacific Daylight Time)
Online Via Zoom
This class is to give artists guidelines on how to price artworks in multiple ways, and is designed for both intro-level artists and emerging artists. We start this class with a presentation followed by a Q&A period for those burning questions you've been waiting to ask.
In this online class you will learn:
- How to categorize yourself as an artist based on a variety of factors
- How to conduct proper market research on market needs, competitor pricing, and your target buyers
- A basic formula guideline of pricing your artworks
- And receive: Extra practical tips from an experienced art advisor and also an artist.
- Artists get general ideas of how artworks are priced both independently or by galleries
- Artists understand how to price their work based on where they are on art career path
- Artists receive insights on pricing strategies based on market research and their goals
The Instructor: Sigrid Gong, SLG Design Agency
Sigrid L. Gong is the founder and creative director of SLG DESIGN AGENCY, currently based in Vancouver BC. She received a Fine Arts Certificate from the Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) and a Bachelor of Design from the Emily Carr University of Art and Design. She worked for two large corporations in both Vancouver and Shanghai for several years providing design service for numerous residential projects across North America and Asia. With the experience gained throughout the years, she later founded SLG Design, an agency that focuses on providing design services that includes more than just interior design, but also art consulting and feng shui service as alternative solutions for any type of space. Sigrid worked with numerous galleries including the Ian Tan Gallery and the Bau-Xi Gallery, and also navigated artwork commissions to meet the individual needs of her clients. Sigrid's strong passion for creativity and human connection enabled her to form countless long-lasting relationships and partnerships in almost every project.
Register online by clicking "Register Now", or register by phone at 604-681-2744, or at the Federation Gallery (Mon - Sun, 10am - 4pm).